Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Spring in fall.

For those of you who use J2EE you are probably aware of a framework called Spring. Well it looks like the Spring folks are going to have a get together. Details can be found here: http://thespringexperience.com/show_view.jsp?showId=44

I have some Spring experience and by far and large, like it. It allows you to apply concepts like Inversion of Control (or what I prefer to call dependancy injection) and Aspect Oriented Programming without writing a lot of code yourself.

At first I found Spring too daunting, and thought that the Struts framework was much easier to deal with and understand. What I needed to do was get away from the architect's point of view and try it on the development level (get my hands dirty). Once that was done, the fog began to lift.

Here is a quick start tutorial I wrote on Spring for those who happen to use Java Studio Creator (a tool I really like...the version soon to be released that is): http://swforum.sun.com/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=52657&tstart=20

No comments: